Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: SOPA

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

SOPA

Nothing new today. If I actually was computer savvy I would take the site down for the day in support of those who are bringing attention to the SOPA bill currently being considered in congress. It's a bill that over-reaches in the attempt to stop on-line piracy. Yes there is a problem with pirated movies that should be taken care of in a responsible manner. The current Stop On-line Piracy Act would shut down sites that link to a site that has copyrighted material. If I put up a link to a story about a new frog being discovered, the latest frog item I think you have to have, or a cute little frog cartoon - this site could be should down. But it gets worse. Because my site is hosted by blogger.com - they could be shut down too. The SOPA bill is overkill to the extreme. Call your congressman and senator and tell him to vote NO on SOPA.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004