Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: Christmas

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas

I hope everyone had a good Christmas. Gertie and I spent a quiet day here at Frog Central. Santa showed up and brought Gertie a brand new toy fox that has a couple of squeakers in it. She loves the squeakers! As with most kids, it was the favorite toy of the day, but yesterday she was back to her favorite bone shaped toy that she loves to play fetch with. We found her ball recently and just when she starts to wind down from playing she grabs that ball and off we go again.

For Christmas dinner, I had finally found a Paula Deen crunchy glaze ham. It was 9 pounds! It is delicious. I've been eating ham twice a day and do not care one bit. I took all the ham off the bone and put the bone and quite a bit of meat into the freezer. I'm sure I'll be putting more into the freezer in the next couple of days. In the meantime I am enjoying it. I had to drive two hours to get the ham - I had called the store the night before and they told me they only had one left and the guy on the phone said he would reserve it for me. I left out first thing in the morning and got there to find a bin full of my favorite ham - so I bought two! I put one into the freezer for Easter or whenever.

My poor Schwan's guy is going to get the short end this next week. I haven't eaten much of anything so I'm afraid my order will be very light - some breakfast items are about it. I had a pretty heavy order last time so I don't think he'll be too upset. I would normally be visiting The Eastern Frogatorium for the holidays, but the fact that I had spent over 5 months there last year, I just wanted some quiet time at home. I should be headed there this next month, but just for a day or two.

So now it's on to New Year's Eve! Hope everyone has a good time. If you drink, don't drive. I have a beautiful bottle of Frog Wine that I plan on opening for the occasion. I'll probably be in bed long before the drops here in central time. That's the nice thing about living in the central time zone. I'll still be able to enjoy all the partying and see the ball drop and all that - and still be in bed shortly after 11! Happy New Year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004