Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: Paper Problems

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Paper Problems

Last Thursday I didn't get a newspaper. Of course, you can't call and complain that you didn't get a newspaper until after 5 o'clock. They told me that was to be sure that the carrier had time to get around. Unfortunately what they neglect to say is that after 5 o'clock the office is closed and so it does absolutely no good at all to call at 5 o'clock. And I can tell you it does no good to call at 4:55 either. They may be there but they aren't picking up the phone! So yesterday again, no paper. We only get a paper twice a week - missing a day is missing half a week's news! So now I'm a bit hot under the collar. I took my blood pressure medicine and had all my facts and figures laid out in front of me and dialed the number of the office.

Now the person who takes care of such matters is the circulation office. And from what I've been able to glean from the number of phone calls to the office - only one person works in the circulation office and is on a permanent break. No matter what time you call to talk with the circulation office - a message has to be taken and they'll get back to you. Which they never do.

And that was what happened again today. I spoke with a gentleman who I'm convinced has smelled way too much printer's ink. After about five minutes he had my name and phone number and my complaint. Then he offers to bring out the two papers that I have missed. Jokingly I said who wants to read yesterday's news? To which he hung up. I hope I get a newspaper tomorrow, but I'm not holding my breath...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004