Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: You can't get here from there.

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

You can't get here from there.

I've decided I live in the middle of nowhere - well, worse than nowhere really. It came to light when I ordered a package last week for some bird food. It started out from the place I ordered it via DHL Delivery Service. Of course they don't deliver in this area so by Monday I had word that they passed the package off to UPS. Now UPS does deliver to this area, but they also hand over a lot of the delivery to the regular USPS. And yep, I received word today that it is now in the hands of the United States Postal Service and I should receive it in the next couple of days - maybe. No guarantees. And my mom wonders why when she mails me a letter it takes almost two weeks to get here....

The weather, which had moderated to a much cooler overnight temperature, has once again reverted to hot as hell. I'm spending the day inside with Gertie, keeping cool, and working on genealogy a/k/a the never-ending quest for cousins.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004