Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: Bosendorfer

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Bosendorfer

When I went to college at Rutgers University I used to have a key to play the concert grand piano - a Bosendorfer. It was a gift to the college and even more a gift to play. Instead of the usual 88 keys it has 92. The extra keys are in the bass and left open so that there is a sympathetic vibration across the whole piano. It was heaven to play.

I'm on the lookout for a new piano and if the people at Bosendorfer would like to gift me a piano - I wouldn't turn it down! Years ago the new Bosendorfer's were around $150,000.00. Used ones can be bought for around $90,000.00. So if anyone wants to send one my way - feel free.

Seriously, after you play one, you never want to play anything else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004