Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: More Rain, More Rain, More Rain

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Saturday, May 14, 2011

More Rain, More Rain, More Rain

I'm beginning to feel a little like a fish - in water. It has been raining with thunder and lightning almost all week. When it hasn't been raining, it is still dreary and so dark it feels like it's time to go to bed! I'm so glad I don't live near a river at the moment. They are all out of their banks. Of course the Mississippi is the worst. I heard a report that said the water was rushing so fast that it could fill up the New Orleans Super Dome in 30 seconds. I've been inside that place - it's huge. I couldn't imagine that much water. A boat captain who works in one of the rivers leading into the Mississippi River said that the water was rushing so hard and strong that the river he was working in - the water was moving backwards!

It's been a rough spring here in the mid-west to be sure. Watching television will drive you crazy because they break into programming every 5 minutes with weather updates. We have tornado warning sirens here that have gone off several times over the last few days. In the meantime, Gertie and I are waiting for a little sunshine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004