Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: In between the thunder and lightning

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

In between the thunder and lightning

It's been a really hot and humid day here in southern Illinois. The temps hit 90 degrees today. And all day the thunder has been rolling overhead. I've had the computer off most all day. The thunder has finally stopped, but it's only a very short reprieve. Thunderstorms are forecast for the next 3 to 4 days.

My left foot, which I sliced open, is healing nicely. I sliced it open when my sciatica was at its worse and my left leg and foot were totally numb. I didn't even realize it had happened until the medicine kicked in and I started getting feeling back in my foot. Of course, by then, it had become so bad I couldn't walk on it. Thankfully, a couple weeks of careful and meticulous care and all seems to be well again.

I've been deciding what I want to do for my 50th birthday coming up later this year. A friend of mine wants me to go to Europe to visit him. The problem is I don't really like to fly. If I decided to go, I would probably take the QE2. It about the same price as a plane ticket - just a 14 day travel as opposed to 2. And because of the boat schedule I would have to stay for 6 weeks to await a return trip - that a total of 8 weeks away. Without Gertie! Now if I could just afford it all! LOL I imagine I'll be right here, having a t.v. dinner and watching whatever show happens to be on that evening. I might even splurge and have a glass of kool-aid! And when I sit back in my chair, my little puppy dog will jump into my lap and curl up and quickly fall fast asleep. That's contentment. That's happiness. And who could ask for a better birthday present than that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004