Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: Gertie's New Friend

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Monday, May 09, 2011

Gertie's New Friend

Gertie's New Friend by KenCalvino
Gertie's New Friend, a photo by KenCalvino on Flickr.

This last week I've spent letting Gertie out about a hundred times a day. She takes two steps down the ramp and the just stands and stares. The first day I just blew it off, figuring she was watching the neighbors. But then she kept leaning over the edge of the ramp as far as she could without falling off. So I investigated and found this cat.

And no, it's not coming inside! It spends all day curled up sleeping outside and is quite content there. When it rains it moves under one of my bushes - which is also under the cover of my porch.

Gertie has now taken to talking to the cat when she goes out. She stands on the edge of the ramp, all leaned over the edge and starts with a low whine and keeps it up for a couple minutes before moving into the other side of the yard.

The funny thing is, she is so afraid to get off that side of the ramp, but she turns around and jumps off the other side from exactly the same height.

So until the animal control officer gets here and removes the cat, Gertie has a new friend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004