Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: Dad's home and I soon will be

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Dad's home and I soon will be

Dad came home from the hospital. He's awake and talking, eating, and trying to climb out of bed - mostly the latter. Hospice is here and they are wonderful. I truly cannot say enough about the care they are giving to my dad, but also to my mom - who is exhausted from all of this. With Alzheimer's you never know how long the end of the end can be, he could be here for another day, or four more years. My grandmother was at this end stage for many years, but we know the inevitable end is coming, sooner rather than later.

I've decided that I need to go home and take care of things there and can be back here if needed in a couple days time - I'll probably keep a small bag packed and ready to go! I miss my little house and honestly, a little solitude. I'm used to knocking around the house and doing things on my timetable, not somebody else's. And to tell you the truth, we're all starting to get on each other's nerves a little bit. Well, with one person in particular, it's way more than a little bit!

I can't wait to share my new froggies - I've got quite a few. Next week sometime I should be packed up and ready to return. Much depends on the weather at the moment. I had four new tires put on the car while here because the other had no tread left and I couldn't get any traction in the sn0w. Even though the car is ready, I still hate to drive in bad weather. So please say a little prayer for some good weather. I'm ready for my little hometown and a delivered pizza from the local pizza shop!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004