Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: Weekend Update

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Weekend Update

Just like Saturday Night Live!

Yesterday was spent removing a very nasty virus from the computer. It was called System Tool 2011. If you get this virus I strongly recommend going to www. helpmyos.com. The self-professed geeks there have step by step instructions on how to remove it. And it isn't easy. Finally, after about 3 hours, I was able to get it off the computer and everything seems to be running great this morning.

I had planned yesterday to write about my dad and my dog. Dad, who has Alzheimer's, loves dogs, and I thought he would get a kick out of petting Gertie. The problem was he kept trying to pick her up - by the collar or a leg. So really close supervision had to be employed and to tell him no when he wasn't handling her properly. Then dad came up with a new tactic - food. I skinned a banana for dad the other day and went about doing some other things. When I turned around he was feeding the banana to the dog. He's tried to put his dinner plate on the floor for the dog, and Friday we caught him just as he was trying to feed a box of Russell Stover's candy to her. Thankfully, she did not get any. Now all contact between dad and the dog really has to be supervised closely - because dad is quick when he sets his one-track mind to something.

It's been good seeing dad, even if he doesn't know who I am. He's frustrating as hell because he doesn't or won't follow simple instructions. He definitely tests your patience right to the limit and then some. My mom has been the caretaker now for two people with Alzheimer's and she deserves a medal and a spa day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004