Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: The cellar steps

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Saturday, November 20, 2010

The cellar steps

They are the bane of my existence. I made it down the cellar steps Thursday an did 3 loads of wash. The problem is not going down with the basket of clothes - it's getting back up! I park my walker right at the top step, crawl down backwards, and have a chair with wheels sitting right at the bottom of the steps. Anyway, I made it down and back up. The problem, I left a load of clothes drying in the dryer that I would need to back and get. My basket was full, so it made no sense to sit there for an hour waiting for them to dry, I couldn't have gotten them back up the steps anyway.

Yesterday I made the trip back down and while I was there I did another couple loads of wash - yes, I was way behind and still am because I hate the cellar steps and do not go down unless absolutely necessary. I loaded up my basket and started the crawl back up the cellar steps. I made it to the top and put my right leg down to a very loud crunch. It had had enough. I've been nursing a swollen knee since.

I did not realize that this next week was Thanksgiving and so I'm rearranging my schedule as much as possible to leave for my annual trip eastward a couple days earlier than I planned. Not sure if I'm going to make it or not. I have a list of 5 errands that have to be done before I can go and a leg that's not working well. I guess I better go work on that list before it gets any later.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004