Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: Time Flies

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Time Flies

I can't believe the weekend is over already. On Thursday evening I received several books from EH. One was Jon Stewart's book Earth. A great book that you can flip around and read different sections. The other was a John Hodgeman book that I can't wait to start. On Friday he sent me a Book on CD by Larry Wilmore. I'm beginning to think he's trying to distract me from my genealogy project.....

Gertie has found a new voice this weekend - barking. Something that she really hasn't done all that much of until now. With the hot weather and no air conditioning, I've been keeping the windows open to get any air flow that I can. Neighbors have been out in force, lots of people walking up and down the sidewalk, and the worst of all - motorcycles. I know she hates the cycles for the noise - she also hates trucks, noisy mufflers, and boom cars. To tell you the truth I don't appreciate them either. Anyway, she runs to window, barks, runs to the door, barks. runs to the window, barks, runs to the door, barks - repeat 100 times. I figured that it was because I've been spending a lot of time with the genealogy searching, so I've been taking a little extra time today to play with her - that seems to have calmed her down a bit. She's back to sleeping on my foot as I type.

I've decided that I want to tear my bedroom apart and redo it - damn that HGTV! - lol. I think I'll wait until I return from trip back East. I'm leaving earlier than normal this year. I want to do quite a bit of research while I'm there, plus go around to all the cemeteries to look for people that I have listed in the book.

So tuesday is my birthday - 49 years old. I don't feel a day over a 100...... I've decided to go down to DQ and get myself an ice cream cake. Plus because I'm a member of the DQ birthday club - I get a free blizzard treat. I've got a lot on the schedule for tomorrow and I hope to get it all done so I can spend tuesday doing much of nothing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004