Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: Storm of the Minute

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Storm of the Minute

The newspapers screamed the headline - worst storm to hit the lower 48 ever. Last night every local newsman said keep your weather radio near you. So before I went to bed last night I turned on the radio - it started going off with the emergency tones about 4 a.m. And it went off continuously until I got up at 7:30. I turned on the television as I walked by and every - and I mean every station is all weather.

It rained here last night.

I know it hasn't done that in several months, but really, the coverage was just non-stop. Thank goodness the storm was moving at 65 mph - by noon the coverage had subsided to a few hanger-on stations. Thing was, the storm was not bad. It was just your run of the mill overnight rain shower. No excessive wind. No lightning. But the mere mention of rain in this area causes a panic like I've never seen before.

I need another nap......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004