Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: Immobile

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Immobile

Monday morning I went to take Gertie out, which is a whole process in itself. I have to sit down on the seat of my rollator (a walker with wheels and a seat to sit down), get her clipped on to the leash and then get the door open and her outside before I head out. The weather during the day has been nice and I wanted to go outside and enjoy some sun. Instead, when I sat down there was a loud crack - one of the welds broke that hold the seat. With the twisting it caused, the whole unit is basically unusable. Thankfully, I did not go crashing to the floor! Unfortunately, with a broken rollator, I'm immobile. Stuck sitting in my chair waiting for a new one to arrive - and they aren't cheap. The new one arrived this morning and now I'm back and mobile again. Thank goodness!

In the midst of all that, Gertie got sick. I think she just tried to each too much. She had eaten both her morning food and evening food as well as a couple treats. That was just too much for her belly. I was actually shocked she ate her evening portion of food. Usually when she gets full she lets it sit until the next morning. And I wasn't paying enough attention. Until I saw her belly that evening! She curled up on my lap and slept for several hours and I thought she was pretty much down for the night, when all the sudden she stood up and that all too familiar sound that Shadow used to make. I got Gertie to the floor just in time! Her stomach was empty after that. We took a little extra care yesterday and today - and she hasn't been all that hungry anyway.

I've got a lot of catching up to do here at the computer and Gertie wants a bit of my time too. So I better get on with today......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004