Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: Another Hot Day

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Monday, October 11, 2010

Another Hot Day

And no air conditioning.... The temps today are again back to 90 degrees. Thankfully, it cools off very quickly as soon as the sun starts setting. I'm already starting to get a cool breeze coming in the window. After Wednesday, the temps are supposed to settle down to more normal 70's during the day and 50's overnight.

I went out to run some errands today. I didn't get everything done that I wanted, but I got some important ones done. I started out at the gas station - the car should go longer than eight months on that $20 of gas I put in it....lol. Indeed, I put $20 in the tank back in March. Shows you just how much I get out of the house! I put $30 of gas in and it brought me to almost 3/4 of a tank. I'll have to top things off the beginning of next month as I get ready to make the trek back East. I then went to the car wash. Ugh! I spent 20 minutes and 5 dollars but the car looks so much better. It no longer looks like a black car with snow on it - it now looks like the white car that it is. A kid saw me pull in to the car wash bay and was there when I pulled out and he had to do a double take - I don't think he believed it was the same car.

Finally, I made it to Dairy Queen. I presented my coupon for $3 off a cake and was able to pick up my Reese's Peanut Buter Blizzard Treat Cake - MY FAVORITE!!! All I kept humming to myself all the way home was Happy Birthday to me.... It's the little things in life that make you happy. Don't get me wrong - big things will put a major smile on my face for days, it's just the little things that make the day perfect.

1 Comments:

At 12:07 PM, Blogger ANN BROOKS said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
I HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL AND BLESSED DAY.

ANN B.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004