Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: The Trouble With Nostalgia

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Trouble With Nostalgia

I can remember as a kid listening to the older relatives at the family reunion wax poetically about their childhood and how things were so much better than what we were presently enjoying. I've found recently that I have become like my older relatives - nostalgia for things I had as a kid. Yesterday after I finished grocery shopping, along with other errands, I decided to stop by McDonalds for some french fries. Now when you get a bought of nostalgia - ignore it. It will never be the same as when you were a kid. Instead, I listened to the nostalgia and ordered some chicken mcnuggets. I haven't had them since I was a kid and I should have left it that way. Instead, the bathroom and I were best friends for the evening. I don't remember that being part of my childhood experience, but it probably was. Just remember, it may not always have been as good as you remember. Damn Nostalgia!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004