Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: My Battle With Pain

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Saturday, August 21, 2010

My Battle With Pain

I woke up Thursday morning screaming. Another bout of sacroilliitis and the pain is unbearable. Pain killers don't seem to touch it. The doctor's say that an injection can be given into the inflammed muscle but the injection is extremely painful and it only works about half the time. So I soldier on. I don't know if it's the fact I'm getting used to the pain or if it's a bit better today. I actually sat in front of the computer a bit and started writing my genealogy book - just a couple pages, but it felt good to do something.

I was going to make an omlette this morning, but with all the reports of eggs being bad in the news I decided not. Instead I decided since it was nearly noon to go to DQ (sorry mom, but if you had a peanut butter cup blizzard with extra pieces you'd understand why I didn't take your recent advice to give them up!) and got a blizzard and a couple BBQ sandwiches. Who knew that a trip to DQ would leave me in moral dilemma. I paid the eight dollar plus charge with a twenty dollar bill and she gave me back over seventeen dollars in change. She even counted the change back to me. I wasn't paying attention because I was at the drive thru and she immediately started shoving my food out her window and into mine. It was when I was about half way home that it hit me that she had given me the wrong change. Do I go back? Do I say their loss, too bad - especially since they counted the change back to me? As I told EH I would have to think about it while I ate my sandwiches and blizzard. And I don't know it was because I was basically eating nearly free food, but it was the best blizzard I have ever gotten there - tons of extra pieces.

OK, my back is starting to really hurt and I have to go change the television channel because the news is covering the whole bed bug epidemic sweeping the nation - and it gives me the creeps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004