Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: Late Night Non-Cool Down

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Late Night Non-Cool Down

Tuesday morning at 8 o'clock the temps here at Frog Central was 97 degrees outside. We haven't had any real rain to speak of and the lawn is turning that August shade of yellow-brown. Gertie and I stayed in for as much as possible. I did run out quickly this evening for a DQ Blizzard treat. It was very good and it helped keep both us cool - Gertie get's a spoonfull. She's like a lot more, but I give her one of her biscuit treats instead. Not that she doesn't still beg for more ice cream though. I really need to do some grocery shopping but the last thing I want to do in this heat is fill up my trunk with frozen food and try to make it home before it all melts!

The heat advisory was extended today through the end of Friday. One day is hotter than the next - in the 12 or 13 years that I've lived here in Illinois, this is by far the hottest summer I can remember. I think there will have to be more trips for ice cream......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004