Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: The Hottest Stretch Yet

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Monday, August 09, 2010

The Hottest Stretch Yet

Those were the words of our local weatherman this morning. The temps topped out around 100 today but the heat index soared to over 110. And today is supposed to be the coolest day of the week. We're already under a heat advisory and it lasts until Thursday evening!

I took a Walmart pizza out of the freezer last night thinking I would make it today - but at the moment I've decided I just don't want to heat the house. Maybe after the temps start to fall tonight. I'll be like my latino neighbors when I lived in Cleveland - during the summer you'd see the festive lights go on after it got dark and after a few cool drinks they'd have a meal. I might be eating at midnight tonight. I just wish I had the ingredients for my favorite cool drink - a wicky wacky woo. A drink, I might add, that I'm taking personal responsibility for making popular during my college years.

Here's the recipe to make a proper Wicky Wacky Woo.
1/2 ounce Vodka
1/2 ounce Rum
1/2 ounce Bacardi 151-proof Rum
1/2 ounce Tequila
1/2 ounce Triple Sec
1 ounce Amaretto
1 ounce Orange Juice
1 ounce Pineapple Juice
1 ounce Cranberry Juice

Combine everything with crushed ice and pour into a tall glass and enjoy!

Now I'm really wishing I had one.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004