Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: The Cold Spot

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Monday, August 30, 2010

The Cold Spot

The one nice thing about the colder weather we had last week, was that at some point during the night I could turn my pillow over and there would be a nice cold spot. I find it joyous - like finding a dollar in your pants pocket as you get ready to put the wash in the washer. A welcome surprise that goes away all too quickly. I know there are pillows out there that you can actually put a refrigerated core into so that your entire pillow will keep that cold feeling all night, but that takes all the joy out of that "Ah!" you feel when flipping your pillow in the middle of the night.

Gertie and I woke up this morning to a nice steady rain that was so desperately needed. I had to laugh when I turned on the news because the predictions were for another dry week. On the weatherman's entire map it was only raining in one tow - Tidy Town. It didn't last long - about an hour, but my lawn sure needed it. Especially when my lawn guy showed up to mow several days early and didn't really need mowing at all. He was half way done before I even realized that he was here. He joked about how short it was - I didn't think the joke was so funny because I was handing him $40 at the moment.

It was dark this morning and I don't have a light in my office so I couldn't work on what I've started calling "The Project." Twenty-one pages of the book have been written. I did finally get several pages added today, but it was slow going. I do have a light fixture in the office, but it is on the ceiling and I cannot reach it - thus I can't change the light bulb. I hate to think that I'm actually going to have to pay someone to come in and change the bulb! I'd rather work with the natural lighting from the three big windows. Besides, that way I'm not up half the night working on the computer. I'm forced to finish at a decent hour and actually unwind from technology. I hear that's the big story in the news these days.

Which brings me to a pet peeve. The news is all abuzz about the fact that we are way down in math compare to other nations. Well, stop letting kids use calculators in the classroom. If they actually had to work out a problem they might learn some critica thinking skills! Drives me nuts....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004