Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: Weird Day

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Weird Day

It's a little after midnight and all I can say is that it's been a weird day. It started at 3 a.m. when I woke up sure I was having a major heart attack - I was clutching my chest like Fred Sanford saying I'm coming Elizabeth. Then I rolled over to get out of bed and let out a very loud and lengthy burp. I felt much better. It still freaked me out though. Gertie was on the end of the bed looking at me like "What the heck are you doing?"

Wednesday was another hot day - 118 heat index. I swear it's never going to end. My bitching, I mean. I know the heat will eventually subside and then we'll move quickly into freezing winter weather, giving me something entirely new to gripe about.

This evening I saw something I hadn't seen since I moved here and hope never to see again - BATS!! I opened the door this evening to let Gertie out for her last time out and there were about 20 bats swooping all over the place. I was hesitant to let Gertie out because some of these bats were really pretty big and I didn't want them to bite her. She went out quickly and did her business and came running right back in. She wanted to go out twice more, of course - any other night and she'd never had gone out after dark at all - now she wants to torture me with bats. They apparently moved on because I didn't see any at all. Just something more weird to add to the day.

Now I can go to bed and start all over again tomorrow.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004