Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: Frog of the Day

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Frog of the Day

I've been having a situation here at Frog Central the last few days. A local gentleman, who I think is suffering from Alzheimer's or is otherwise mentally challenged has decided someone he knows lives here. The first day he rang the bell I told him he had the wrong address. He stared at me blankly like he couldn't comprehend what I was saying. The second day he leaned on the doorbell, ringing it 4 or 5 times before I could get to the door. I again told him that the person he was looking for did not live here. The third day he walked in the door. That was quite a bit scary because you just never know what someone is going to do. He left quickly when the dog barked at him. My saving grace is that he seems to be scared of the dog barking at him. That doesn't mean that I haven't taken to locking the door 24/7 though. To city folk that might seem like a no brainer - but here in small town America, there are quite a few that never lock their doors. I always locked mine at night, but left it open during the day - not anymore. So he showed up today again - at 6:30 in the morning. I am not a morning person and that was the straw that broke the camel's back - I'm going down to the police station to file a report and the next time he shows up the police are going to have to intervene. This gentleman obviously needs supervision that he's not getting.

This frog collectible is another in the Hamilton Collection's Toad Rider Collection. I've held on to this one for a bit, thinking that around the 4th of July would be the most appropriate time to showcase it. It's called Hoppin' Wild. His motorcycle is decked out in the American flag, as is the jacket of the rider. He's taken his freedom on the road and definately born to be Hoppin' Wild. I received this frog June 2010. It is a limited edition piece, each one numbered. The number of this piece is 128.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004