Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: Expectations

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Expectations

I was flipping through this evenings newspaper. It only comes twice a week and like a rabid dog I drool over every page. For the whole 2 minutes it takes to read the 4 pages. I'm waiting for them to say that they're going to go to a once a week printing - it certainly wouldn't suprise me at all. On the back page was an advertisement for a local farm - with homemade cider and stop in for a free homemade cider flavored doughnut. Who could resist such a thing! Not just a doughnut, which I've been going through withdrawal over because there is no doughnut shop within 100 miles, and homemade cider flavored to boot. Heaven! My mouth is watering at the prospect. Since I live in the middle of nowhere and there are hundreds of little wide patches that have 2 houses - a town! - I use google maps a lot. I plug in the town name and keep pulling further out looking for anything familiar. Nothing. Finally I pull way back to find that this place is about 4 hours away! I'd be the first to admit that I'd go out of my way to get a fresh homemade cider flavored doughnut - but that is ridiculous. You would think that if they are going to advertise in a local paper, that it would actually be somewhat local. Dashed expectations.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004