Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: Tuesday

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Tuesday

Today has been a rough day. This morning I decided that I needed to get out and run some errands. Gertie didn't want to have any of me leaving - she tried all the time I was getting ready to crawl in my arms and just wanted to be held. Guess I need to get out a bit more often. As I was walking out the door she settled down in my chair and was watching television. It was hotter than Hades here today and just as humid - down right miserable. I went to the gas station to fill up and while pumping gas a torrential downpour started. Oh joy - soaking wet going to the building to pay. I walk outside and the rain had stopped - and it was more humid than before, if that was possible.

I headed off to the bank and then to Walmart. I started to get quite dizzy at Walmart and had to sit quite a bit. I got everything piled into the car and headed off to CVS for a prescription refill. I decided since I was next to McDonald's to get a chicken sandwich and some fries before heading home. I loaded myself and my walker down a bit too much but I wanted to make it inside in one trip because I really wasn't feeling well.

I made it inside and put everything on the counter and sat down quickly, put my head down, and then over I went - passed out cold. Gertie did not find that amusing. I was just overcome with the heat. Once I cooled down I felt better. Not before I felt like I was hyperventilating and dry-heaving. I stuck my head under the sink with nice cool water - that felt good. Gertie has been stuck to me like glue ever since.

I decided late this afternoon, since it was major thunder and lightning, and everything electronic was turned off, to go take a little nap. The thunder rattled the windows for a solid hour. Some of the lightening strikes sure felt like they struck close by. As I was putting trash out this evening, I noticed there are little branches down all over the place.

Tomorrow will hopefully be a little cooler. Enjoy the rest of your evening.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004