Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: Heat Index

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Friday, June 11, 2010

Heat Index

Last night was the first time this season that I heard the weatherman use the term "heat index." Today's index is for 95 to 100, the index for Saturday and Sunday is suppose to be 100 or more. Ugh! Thank goodness for air conditioning....

Gertie has a new pastime these days - chasing ants. I've seen a couple big black ants the last couple of days and they provide endless joy for Gertie who has to do this whole chase scene - run away, run back, run away, run back - then she graps up the ant and thows it in the air only to repeat the scene. Eventually she eats the ant. I figure that people eat them covered in chocolate so they can't be all that bad for her. Kind of gross though when afterwards she wants to come give you kisses.....

I'm reading up on a big controvery going on over vitamin D. It seems that the vitamin D you get with your prescription is D2. It is a synthetic form of the vitamin and apparently does not get absorbed well, and questionable whether it does any good. I've been taking it for a couple of months and I don't know if its that or the vitamin B shots I've been getting, but I've been feeling a bit better. Anyway, supposedly a natural form of vitamin D is available as D3 and better for you. It's quite the controversy on the internet. I guess I'll print out what I think is relevant and talk to my doctor at my next visit.

In the meantime, I'm hot on the trail of straightening out a genealogy snafu. I'm ashamed to say that we have a relative who signed up for the civil war (fighting for the North) and then deserted when it came time to fight. I guess it was quite common during the civil war because of the conditions the soldiers had to live under, but still not a pleasant thing to find in the records.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004