Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: Bad Weather in the Mid-West

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Sunday, May 02, 2010

Bad Weather in the Mid-West

It's been a couple bad days weather-wise here at Frog Central. Friday and Saturday you could watch the lightning streak by the windows. That's something that I first witnessed when I moved to this area and something that I still can't get used to. The flatness of the land lends I guess lends to this phenomena. One strike hit a neighbors tree and split it right in two. Of course the power went out right after the first few lightning strikes happened and was out for the most of Friday night and Saturday morning.

Friday night I'm sitting there with a candle lit, playing with Gertie and listening to the water hit the roof. All the water made me realize I was thirsty and I only a swallow of water in my glass. I figured it would be enough, as my grandmother would say, to wet my whistle. Nope. Only made me thirstier. Especially since the filtered cold water was located in the fridge and I didn't want to open the door with the power off. I finally gave in and poured myself a nice big glass and I have to tell you it was just what the doctor ordered. It really hit the spot. The rain continued on into the night and I went to bed about 11:00 p.m. with Gertie curled up at my feet. About 2:00 a.m. I woke up to hear the continued sound of the rain on the roof. Now all that water sound had a completely different effect. So I trudged the bathroom by the light of the lightning.

Gertie is not afraid of the thunder - thank goodness. A couple of the bigger booms absolutely rocked the house and she raised her head and gave a little growl, otherwise she was content to just lay at the foot of the bed.

Today the rain has stopped for the moment but we are still under flash flood and severe weather warnings. The will continue through tomorrow. Thankfully we didn't get the hail - some was up to half dollar size just south of here. Today, I'm going to enjoy the peace and quiet.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004