Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: Frog of the Day

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Thursday, April 08, 2010

Frog of the Day


Frogs Playing Checkers
Originally uploaded by KenCalvino
Yesterday it was thunder and lightning here at Frog Central. Some of the thunder bothered Gertie - only in that she barked at it and wanted to chase after it and couldn't figure out quite from where it was coming. The temps plummeted after the storm went through and by tonight we are supposed to be back into the 30's overnight! I had to turn the heat back on last night before I went to bed just in case. I know it will be running tonight. I already miss the fresh breezes blowing through the house, airing out all the winter mustiness.

This frog item is from the catalog Paragon and is an outdoor statuary of two frogs playing checkers. Of course frogs love to play checkers, but they don't use regular pieces like we do - they use ladybugs and bumblebees. If you take an opponents piece - you get to eat it! I received this January 2010. It is made out of a resin and is quite heavy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004