Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: Errands

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Friday, March 05, 2010

Errands

Yesterday was a long day. Gertie continues to get up at 7 a.m. -- Eastern Time. Since I live in the Central Time Zone, this is quite early. Hopefully when we spring ahead in what, 9 days or so, she'll be back on track. While it was a bit early for breakfast, I spent about 15 minutes paying the first of the month bills - I love on-line bill pay. Only two bills that had to be sent out.

Then I ran down to the gas station. While I was on the road I filled up with 93 octane - which of course I can't get here. I put in some 89 octane and paid more than when I was on the road. Plus I don't get as much mileage out of it. The bank was next and then the post office, which had a line out the door and only 1 window open - I guess I should be happy that we still have a post office.

Then it was off to Walmart to do some serious grocery shopping. I haven't shopped heavily since the beginning of November. Needless to say - 3 hours later and with an over-flowing cart I finally had most of what I was looking for. I'm wondering if our Walmart is going to close - empty shelves all over the place and all the annoying displays at the end of aisles and that block the entrance as you go in were all gone. It was amazing to see it so empty.

The one good thing is that they had Mrs. T's perogies - they must have finally taken my weekly e-mail complaint to heart. I bought the giant 60 perogie size bag and second flavor in the 48 perogie size bag. I can't wait to get the deep fryer going! I got everything except fruits and vegetables - that will have to be another trip - next week. I'm exhausted!! I was surprised that I got so much done and other than being tired today I'm feeling pretty good.

Gertie has been telling me just how much she did not enjoy the fact I was gone for so long and if she hasn't been crawling into my arms to be held, she's bringing me toys to play. And if I'm not paying enough attention to her she's pretty vocal - it's kind of funny because she really isn't all that vocal very often. It's hard not to laugh but I let her know that it's unacceptable behaviour - she's finally curled up at my feet and to tell you the truth, a nap sounds good right about now.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004