Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: No Heat Wednesday....

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

No Heat Wednesday....

And it has been really chilly around the house. Yesterday the utilities company changed something on the gas meter and then came in and re-lit all the pilot lights. Unfortunately they did not know how to work with my furnace and it's trip switches. They tripped the safety switches and not realizing it walked out. About 9 o'clock last night I realized that it was getting a bit cold and I checked the temperature and it was down to 68. By the time I went to bed it was 65. Thank goodness that mom had sent a brand new comforter and I had put it on the bed earlier in the day. I was nice and warm and toasty all night. I was on the phone at 7 a.m. this morning when the utility office opened and they came right over. They fiddled for almost an hour and couldn't figure out how to get it going. I finally gave them my plumber's name and they drove over to his house and came back and with in minutes had it going.

Needless to say everything is behind schedule today. I'm baking off another 6 loaves of fruitcake that won't come out of the oven for another 45 minutes. They'll have to cool all night and I'll wrap them in the morning. I still need to put together the fruit for the last fruitcake batch. And somewhere in today's frenzy I need to make a run to the bank. I think I really need a nap, but I just don't have the time.....

2 Comments:

At 1:55 PM, Blogger ANN BROOKS said...

IS BEYOND THE POND FROG COLLECTORS CLUB STILL IN BUSINESS? I SENT A $20.00 MONEY ORDER TO "TOADLY FROGS" ON AUG 27, 2009 AND I HAVE NOT HAD ANY OR SEEN ANYTHING IN THE MAIL. I TRIED TO CALL THE TELEPHONE #'S AND THEY WERE ALL DISCONNECTED. IS THERE SOME OHER WAY TO GET IN TOUCH WITH THEM?

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger Ken said...

Ann- I've sent an e-mail to Linda Ortmann. I know that Toadly Frogs is not in business at the moment. I'll leave a comment here as soon as I hear a response.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004