Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: H1N1 Comes to Tidy Town

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Friday, October 23, 2009

H1N1 Comes to Tidy Town

The news was the banner headline in our local newspaper that H1N1 has come to town. Unfortunately the first case is a young boy who is hospitalized. A mad rush ensued to the Health Department where, for a town of 5,000 they received 700 doses of the vaccine. I'm afraid all we can do at this time is do lots of hand washing and hope for the best.

Somewhere I've lost a day - I walked around all day today sure in the knowledge that it was Thursday. I'm not sure where I lost the day but hopefully I'll be back on track tomorrow because if the weather is nice I'm planning on going to the Halloween parade. It's the biggest parade of the year here and this year's theme is All Aboard - a railroad theme to tie into the railroad depot having it's grand opening on Sunday. It's going to be a busy weekend around town....

2 Comments:

At 8:49 AM, Blogger ANN BROOKS said...

DEAR KEN,
IT'S NICE TO KNOW THAT I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE IN THE SAME BOAT. I HAVE HAD EMAILS FROM PAT AND JOE MORRISON, AND HELEN AND DON CLAYPOOL WHO ALL DON'T KNOW WHERE THERE MEMBERSHIP MONEY FROM THE "BEYOND THE POND NEWSLETTER" WENT TO. WE GET NO ANSWER FROM CURRENT OWNER "LIDA ORTMANN"
ANN BROOKS

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Ken said...

Ann - I haven't forgotten you. I haven't received an e-mail from Linda. I called Linda this morning and someone picked up the phone then hung up - when I called back I got an answering machine. I left a message with a request for a call back. I'll keep on top of it until this gets straightened out. Ken

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004