Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: Finally Home

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Friday, October 02, 2009

Finally Home

I couldn't sleep at all last night. I'm sure part of that was the fact that I have already gotten used to Gertie sleeping on the foot of the bed. Part of it too was the fact that I wanted to itch my skin off and it was all I could do to refrain from doing so. I keep telling myself 4 more weeks and this is supposed to all be healed up.

This morning I ran over to Walmart and picked up some fruit and vegetables to last the next 4 or 5 days. Then I went and picked up Gertie. She wasn't too sure at first if she wanted to even come home with me. Talk about not happy! Most of the day she has spent sleeping. She's not allowed to jump down and this afternoon she kind of got into the fact that if she jumped up into my lap I would have to pick her up to put her down on the floor when she was ready. A couple times she hopped into my lap and then immediately made that turn to jump back down. One time she jumped before I could stop her and that put an immediate end to her wanting to do that any more - she found out how painful it is. Thankfully she has stayed away from her stitches for the most part. A couple of times when she first came home I had to remind her "No Lick," but after the that she left her incision alone.

Gertie is doing so well that I'm looking forward to a good night's sleep tonight - that is, if the itching would stop.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004