Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: Grocery Shopping

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Monday, August 03, 2009

Grocery Shopping

Spent the morning at the grocery store getting some of the basics. My knee wasn't cooperating so it took a bit longer than I would have hoped. By the time I got home I didn't think I was going to be able to make it back inside. Gertie helped me put the groceries away - well, she poked her nose in every bag to be sure I got everything she needed. I had bought her some new treats - Old Roy chew sticks. Gertie is fun to watch with a new treat because she isn't sure what she should do with it at first. She nudged and nudged the treat and finally gave it a try - next thing I know she's chewing with gusto and soon it was gone.

I had to take a nap this afternoon and get my leg up - that and a pain killer helped with the pain a bit. I'm still hobbling but able to get around the house. And I've got my walker to hang on so if my knee gives out I can hop to a chair.

I received half of the fruits I need for my fruitcake - the rest should be here tomorrow and then I can start getting things together and soaking in some alcohol. Yummy!

Guess it's time to go make a salad and enjoy some evening television......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004