Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: Silent Night

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Silent Night

I actually woke up a couple of times because the house was so quiet - for the first time in a couple of weeks the air conditioner wasn't running full blast. Even the attic fan was off. Gertie and I spent some time outside this morning enjoying the hibiscus which are in full bloom. They attract a lot of butterflies which fascinated Gertie to no end.

The neighbors, some of who just mowed their lawns a couple days ago, are spending the day in their lawn competition. When one starts mowing the others come out of the woodwork to do theirs too, afraid someone will have a better looking lawn than theirs. I know they must look over at my lawn in disgust - I have a lawn guy who comes every two weeks. And to tell you the truth I think I have the nicest looking lawn overall. One neighbor has a sweeper attachment for his mower and he sweeps his lawn almost daily - which has turned a large portion of it yellow. The others just mow too often and as we get out of the rainy season and into the dry, hot days of summer their abused lawns can't cope.

Now I'm off to locate some Goatein. It's supposed to be very good for you - I'll reserve judgment until I taste it......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004