Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: Pop Tarts

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Monday, June 08, 2009

Pop Tarts

I was shopping last week and there on the end of one of the aisles was a display of Pop Tarts. I haven't had one of them in a long time and they were on sale so I thought I'd pick up a box of the frosted brown sugar variety when my eye happened upon a flavor called strawberry milkshake. Then I saw chocolate banana split! I had to try these new varieties and could hardly wait until I got home. When I was in the checkout line the checker asked me if I wanted the candy bar I bought at the register or should she bag it. I told her to bag it that the only reason I bought it was that I had a coupon to get it free (but I wanted to add leave out the Pop Tarts!). And of course they were in the first bag I unpacked and so they sat there on the counter taunting me while I put the rest of the groceries away. Finally the moment arrived and I decided to try one of the chocolate banana split Pop Tarts first. OMG! I never tasted anything so horrible in my life. The filling is some mushy cream that oozes all over. I don't know how they got the flavor name because it didn't taste like any banana split I ever ate - chocolate or otherwise! I'm afraid I had the same result with the strawberry milkshake. Thankfully they were only a buck a box on sale because the remainder landed in the trash - pronto! As mom would say - no wonder they were on sale. So true.

Other things - we're under thunderstorm and tornado warnings today. It's already raining this morning and it's supposed to continue for the rest of the week. Errands for this morning are postponed - hopefully things will calm down a bit this afternoon so I can sneak out to do at least the basic things that have to get done. Gertie and I began working on "shake" this morning. She does well with sit and stay - and I don't want her to get bored. She did one "shake" this morning completely by accident but she loved the praise she got so hopefully in a couple days it will be for real. It's been different training Gertie because her trigger isn't treats. She could care less about them - she much prefers the praise or one of her toys. We're working on it and learning from each other along the way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004