Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: Late Day Post

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Late Day Post

Today has been about the most hectic day I've had in a while. I tackled the dreaded cellar steps today to get some much needed washing done. Three times up and down the steps and then my knee gave out. Thankfully I got quite a bit of laundry done and a closet full of clean clothes in those trips. I then had to make a trip to the post office and grocery store. I was so annoyed with this 2 cent raise in the letter price. I ordered some 2 cent stamps but they haven't come in yet, so I had to use two 42 cent stamps. Then I swung by IGA to pick up a few odds and ends and most importantly a couple bags of puppy chow. All that's left to do today is to get the trash out to the curb.

I need to get out and take some pictures of some of the flowers that are up - I have some beautiful flowering plants that just keep getting bigger year after year. I'm not sure what they are called, maybe someone here will know and clue me in. Of course tomorrow it is supposed to rain again.

The area is finally getting back together after last week's storms. SIU, which is where my local NPR station comes out of, was back on the air today. Apparently a lot of trees are down on campus and they think it will be several months before they get all of them cleaned up. I had to call the city today to come blow out the city drainage lines - the basement was starting to get damp from all the rain we've been having. I'll have to make a trip down cellar the next time it rains to be sure everything is ok.

Guess for now I'm going to go put my feet up and wait for the evening news to come on. Hope you've had a good day too.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004