Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: Friday Dog Blogging

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Friday, May 08, 2009

Friday Dog Blogging


Gertie
Originally uploaded by KenCalvino
Gertie has had a pretty good week. She was supposed to go to the vet's today, but with thunder and lightning all around, I rescheduled for next week. Gertie has had some new experiences this week - mainly other baby animals. A very small mourning dove was walking up and down the railing the other day and Gertie, thought she finally had a bird she could catch. But lo and behold, even the small ones know how to fly. Just in case I brought her up short so she couldn't have gotten to it anyway. Her other encounter was a little less pleasant - it was with a bee that had flown into the house. It was walking across the floor and Gertie kept trying to eat it - bad move, they bite back.

So today we've been under tornado and severe thunder storm warnings - quite a bit of damage done just to the south of here. I got to see first hand how Gertie would handle thunder. Thankfully, just a little skittish when the booms were loud enough to rattle the windows and shake the house. She moved to sit near my feet, just to be sure everything would be ok. At one point she jumped into my lap, but I took her mind off things by playing withe her. All in all she did really well - nobody had instilled that fear in her.

I received another plush today - a horse - and Gertie thought sure it was for her. Or at least, if it wasn't, it should be. I put it up on the table and I had to laugh as she stood there on her hind legs, giving a little whine - as if to say how could you! I've really got to start carrying my camera around with me. Last Friday she sat in front of the television watching Dogtown and again all I could do was laugh as she gave a bark to certain dogs on the screen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004