Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: Revelations

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Revelations

I had quite the revelation yesterday - my wheeled walker will not go through snow. Not at all. It took me over half an hour yesterday in near zero weather to get my trash to the curb. Needless to say, today I'm sore from head to toe. I finally made it out of bed - two hours later than normal. Today is going to be a slow day with sore muscles. Thankfully by Saturday most of this snow and ice will be gone. Things are supposed to start warming up tomorrow.

I've been going through my pantry, cupboards, refrigerator and freezer to clean things out, check dates, and make a good and thorough grocery list. I found a box of instant pudding mix in the back of one of the cupboards which was great - it was vanilla, but still good and ready in five minutes! Tomorrow I'm going to get out my recipes for hamburger buns and try making them from scratch. I've got some great steak burgers but no rolls. I found my recipe for Cuban bread yesterday while rummaging around and today I might get out the bread maker and make a loaf of it - it's really good. We'll have to see how I feel later today first.

Ever since I was a little kid I loved sitting in my grandparents' rocking chairs. I've wanted one for myself for about as long as I can remember. Yesterday I received an e-mail from one of the companies that I order from and their $1,000 rocker is on sale for $150. I don't think I'll ever get a better deal so I'm giving it serious consideration. The bad economy and poor Christmas season shopping may be to my benefit in this instance.

Time to get moving around the house a bit and get the joints limbered up a bit if possible - so on to today. The frogs I have to put up here are starting to pile up here next to me. I received 4 new ones yesterday. Thanks to everyone who sends them along. Remember, you can also e-mail me pictures of your favorite frog collectible - tell me about your collection and you can become the Guest Frog of the Day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004