Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: Home Again

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Home Again


View from motel
Originally uploaded by KenCalvino
Did yout think I had gotten lost? I was beginning to wonder too. But I finally made it home last evening. I was able to spend a couple of days in New Jersey visiting AB - it was a lot of fun catching up after way too many years seeing each other. We're already making plans for our next get together. It was a long drive back to Illinois - and dodging snow storms along the way. I had planned on taking another day driving but the weather was calling for ice storms so while the getting was good I kept on going. I'm glad I did because it was nice to sleep in my own bed.

Two nights ago as the snow started falling and I was crossing the border between West Virginia and Ohio I decided to stop for the night. The motel was halfway up a mountain! I didn't realize just how high up I was until the next morning when I was leaving. I was concerned driving back down the mountain after an inch of snow fell, but the road crews had it all cleared off. Beautiful view, but I'd hate to live up there all the time! I bet there are days they don't get down. It was nice to get back to the flat land of Illinois.

I have quite a few frogs to put up and some other exciting things to share along the way - so Happy New Year, it's good to be home and tomorrow we'll get back to business as usual. Now I have to go finish unpacking........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004