Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: Senior Moments

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Sunday, November 09, 2008

Senior Moments

This weekend has been one long senior moment. I decided that yesterday I would go to the Odd Fellows Chowder. I arrived with my kettle, ready to buy a gallon of chowder and come home and make some drop biscuits. The place was locked. Well, I figured they must be at the local park so I took a ride over there - nope. I came home and called one of the members I know - it's Sunday. Oh well. I looked at the papers again and sure enough I was wrong. By now enough of the day had been wasted that I couldn't make either craft fair, so I made a late lunch and took a long nap. At first today I didn't think I'd make it to the chowder because my back was killing me, but with the help of one of my pain killers I finally felt well enough to adventure out. I tried their chowder and it was delicious so I decided to buy 2 gallons. I froze up one gallon and am looking forward to enjoying the rest over this next week. If I don't have to cook for a while it's a wonderful thing!

An explanation of a southern Illinois-ism is in order here. Chowder is not a clam chowder. For the first several years I lived here that's what I thought. Instead, it is a mixture of beef, pork, chicken, potatoes, and vegetables in a tomato based liquid. It's much like a beef stew. It's very good, but confusing to those of us who were brought up on the east coast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004