Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: Happy Thanksgiving Eve

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving Eve

It was a tough day today. Thankfully I'm feeling much better. Thanks to all the cold remedies I received from my faithful readers. I kind of liked the shot of whiskey idea the best! LOL (Those that know me know I don't drink alcohol - but if it would have made me feel better, I might have just done it!). I think the best thing that helped was a nice long night of good sleep and then turn around and have a nap shortly after breakfast.

I talked a long time today with AB. She said it did good to get her mind off the loss of her dog and so I was happy to talk as long as she wanted. AB knew that I knew what she was going through and so I hope it really did help her to have someone with whom to commisserate.

I made a late afternoon run to IGA. They are the only store in town that carries the Bob Evans side dishes and I was afraid they would all be out of stock. I was able to get everything I wanted, snagging the last three bean casserole. They had the stuffing, glazed apples, and 4 different types of mashed potatoes (I settled on two). I went further down the aisle and there they had turkey all sliced and in gravy. I was at the checkout and the lady said I forgot a can of cranberry sauce. I told her I already had a can at home. She marveled that you could microwave your way to a Thanksgiving meal so easily. I told her that I live alone and cheating in such circumstances is acceptable (and indeed preferred)!

Now I'm ready to settle down and enjoy a bit of television. Here's hoping that you have a great Thanksgiving Day.

And before I forget: HAPPY 75TH BIRTHDAY DAD!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004