Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: Enjoying the Holiday Long Weekend

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Enjoying the Holiday Long Weekend

Thanksgiving was really nice here at Frog Central. I had a dinner with turkey and all the trimmings courtesy of Bob Evans. The nice thing with that is limited leftovers. I made a nice plate up of leftovers last night and there's enough for a small meal this evening. Of course thursday morning was taken up with watching the Macy's parade - I don't especially care for the first hour - all I want to see are the bands and balloons. A local channel here plays the St. Louis parade, but we won't go into that (mom always said if you don't have something nice to say, say nothing at all - and this is one time I'm taking that advice. LOL).

The weather here has been in the 50's - absolutely beautiful. So yesterday I spent most of the day packing up fruitcake and making a run to the post office. The lady at the post office saw me coming and when she saw the boxes she asked very hopeful - fruitcake? She was so happy when I told her yes and then held up a pound loaf for her. I had given her a small amount last year and she loved it. So I made her day and she promised to maybe share some with her fellow employees - emphasis on maybe. It's amazing how fast these fruitcakes went out considering the 6 weeks that went into making them. I hope all getting some enjoy. This morning I spent doing the local delivery of fruitcake. I'm down to the last few loaves - one for me and one to take home to mom early next month for Christmas. I was also able to get some Christmas shopping done this morning. I'm almost done with that, thank goodness.

So I'm holding off a new Frog of the Day until monday. We're supposed to get snow all day sunday and monday so I'll be housebound for a couple of days, looking for something to do no doubt.

Enjoy the rest of the long weekend. I hope your enjoying it too. Now I'm off to enjoy some pizza - I needed a change from poultry! lol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004