Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: This is my 1600th post!

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Saturday, October 04, 2008

This is my 1600th post!

Today has been pretty busy already. There is a lot going on again this weekend and I wanted to take advantage of as musch of it as possible. I headed over to the library shortly after rolling out of bed to check out their book sale. Mostly it was romance novels, so nothing doing there. So I went on down to the craft fair put on by the homemaker's extension group. Nice, but nothing really caught my eye. Driving back I noticed the Methodist church was selling pork burgers and brats. While that sounded good I had already planned on stopping by the Oddfellows for their hog roast. A great event that I like to go to every time they put one on. For six bucks you get a good serving of pulled pork, potato salad, slaw, baked beans, bread, and a drink. On the way out I bought a 2 pound container of the pork to bring home - no cooking this next week!

The temps warmed up nicely for today's outings. Temps are up into the high 70's and going into the low 80's before the day is out. Tomorrow and Monday are supposed to be rather warm - one weatherman said it may even be air conditioning time.

Yesterday afternoon was a bit rough here at Frog Central. The plumber showed up to service the furnace for the winter. Over the last 3 years since I've been here at this new location, he had tried repeatedly to make friends with The Frog Wrangler, and she would have none of it. She saw him as an intrusion into her space, so I always had to cage her whenever he showed up. That never stopped her from barking as if to say, Hey, I know you're here! So when he walked through the door he remarked that she must finally have gotten used to him because there was no barking. Telling him the news took me right back to the day I lost her. So the rest of the day was a wash. I'm glad I have my photo albums, my posts here about her, and my memory box. She'll always live on in my heart.

So I was surprised to see that this was my 1600th post. This blog has done some morphing over the years, and I hope that with my birthday being the 12th that I'll have some new frogs to put up. I have also heard from my Radko dealer that a limited edition that I ordered last year is finally scheduled to come in by the last of the month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004