Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: Shopping

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Thursday, October 09, 2008

Shopping

I did my part for the economy today and went grocery shopping. I really miss having a shopping service like I used when I lived north of here. Tidy Town just isn't big enough. But with all the older citizens here in town, I bet it would be a lucrative service for some enterprising person. So I went to Walmart and did a pretty good grocery shop and got all the final ingredients for making the cake part of the fruitcakes. I also got the little light for my fridge! Thank goodness I can actually see what I have in there now. I also made it to the dollar store and picked up a couple more bowls with lids so I can put together more fruit either tonight or tomorrow morning.

When I finally got home and got everything put away, I was able to bring in a giant box that arrived today from mom. My birthday isn't until Sunday so I'll wait and open it then - maybe we'll have a couple new frogs to put up!

With the Frog Wrangler gone, the morning routine around here has changed. I no longer get out of bed at 6, instead waiting until 7:30 or even 8. Wow! Then I come out and get Petey, my cockatiel out and put her on my shoulder while I get her cage cleaned and put in fresh fruit. She whistles in my ear to me the whole time. When there's a lull I look at her and say "Thank You!" She's now beginning to mimic my thank you back to me which is really cute. There are still times that she calls for the Wrangler and tugs at my heart to hear her call, knowing it will go unanswered. So we commiserate together and remember the good times.

I think after all the running around I'm going to go take a little nap......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004