Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: It's my party.....

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Sunday, October 12, 2008

It's my party.....


Fruitcake
Originally uploaded by KenCalvino
Thanks to everyone who e-mailed to wish me a Happy Birthday. I wish this cake was ready to eat, but it has 6 weeks of mellowing in brandied wraps to go. I took this picture just before wrapping it up. About a dozen different fruits, bourbon, rum, and brandy all stewing together. There's nothing more delicious than a good homemade fruitcake. Last year I made 6 loaves, this year I made 12. Most are spoken for but I may have a couple left if anyone is interested. Each loaf is a bit over 2 lbs. and cost $28 plus postage. Send me an e-mail if interested or you want more information.

It was a nice warm day today and although I usually have spaghetti on my birthday, I opted for lasagna this year. For desert I had some Frog Spit! A new ice cream novelty that you know I just had to try. I'll be putting up a picture of the box later in this week with a critic of the flavor.

That's all for tonight, I'm off to re-join my private party and enjoy the rest of the evening.........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004