Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: Fruitcake!

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Fruitcake!

The last of the fruit for the fruitcake arrived yesterday afternoon and so the evening was spent putting it together in the proper proportions. It takes 3 quarts of fruit, now marinating in brandy, rum, and bourbon for a couple days, in order to make just three 2-pound loaves. So after they're baked off, they then get to mellow for 6 weeks. They'll be ready around the first of December, just in time for Christmas.

A lot of people don't like citron in their fruitcakes and in tasting several different types available at the supermarket and from some on-line sources, I don't blame them. I only use imported citron - it melts in your mouth and is delicious. It's important to use the best quality ingredients available - otherwise all the work isn't worth it.

Today I'm going over the remaining ingredients to make the cake part of the fruitcake to be sure I have everything I need and will make a quick run to Walmart tomorrow to get any last minute items I need. Guess I best get to it......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004