Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: An Evening Post

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

An Evening Post

And it's not even Saturday! Yesterday I finally found the cheesecloth I needed and so tomorrow I'm finishing my last fruitcake baking for this season. I'm making 5 loaves of Amaretto fruitcake. I would have made them today but it took me all day to get up and around. I was sore yesterday after getting home and it snowballed into today. But I got free CF light bulbs by sitting through a short weatherization seminar yesterday. Not a bad trade off. I also made it to the bank and post office as well as Ace Hardware. Ace Hardware had called right after I finished blogging yesterday to say that they had gotten their supplies in and did I still want the cheesecloth. They got three packages in - that was all! I told them to put all three away for me I was on my way, so off I flew. I think next year I'm just going to buy a whole bolt for 40 bucks. It will certainly save all the hassle.

When I was driving down the street yesterday I drove past our local grocery store - the Buy-Low. An hour later I was driving back up the street and it was now our local IGA. You just never know what's going to happen in an hour. I'm actually glad that it's changed to IGA, I'm hoping for better deals and a lot a people say they double coupons. I certainly hope so. It would be nice to change my 10 percent saving into 20. AB regularly shops at a store that gives triple coupons. That's how she often buys three or four hundred dollars of groceries for twenty dollars. Now that's impressive. She should have her own television show just to show people how to save money! AB is also the free sample queen and today I got a nice grip for opening jars and a free sample of a mashed potato mix. Stuff comes almost daily - it's like Christmas every day just opening my mailbox.

Well now I've woken up and the pain pills have finally kicked in - guess who is going to be up all night? I hope there's something good on television after Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert. I gave up on Survivor Gabon - the 17th incarnation of the Survivor series. There's just nothing new about it. I much rather watch Keith Olberman and Rachel Maddow for evening tv.

This weekend is the big Halloween parade here in Tidy Town. As long as the weather is nice I think I'll probably go down and watch. It's the one parade in this town that has more parades than you could ever imagine that everyone goes to.

Guess I'm going to go watch a bit of tv and work on some handicrafts. We'll see how tomorrow goes.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004