Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: Cheesecloth

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Cheesecloth

I can't believe how hard it is to find cheesecloth - no one seems to carry it these days. Luckily, I know that Ace Hardware of all places carries it in 2 square yard pieces in their paint section of all places. I stopped over there this afternoon after taking the fruitcake out of the oven and took all they had. They'll have more for me on Wednesday.

I was up at 6 this morning getting the oven warmed up and ready - it takes a little over 4 hours to bake off the fruitcake and I had 2 oven fulls to do today. The last batch is now in the oven and should be ready to wrap first thing tomorrow morning.

I took a break between the first and second baking because I wanted to go to a barbecue today. The local Kiwanis club has a BBQ every year to support the upkeep of their playgrounds. And anything I can do to keep those darn kids in the playground and off my lawn - imagine old guy shouting "Get off my lawn!" LOL

The weather today was great for the BBQ - low 80's. I even turned on the air today because I have the oven going and it was a little warm inside. Today was the first time in over 6 months that I bought any candy. While I was at Ace they had a candy section near the checkout and they had a bag of those peppermint candies that are air puffed and melt in your mouth. I figured in the world of candies that wasn't too bad. And I doubt it will be the start of a backsliding trend. It took a long time to get off the sugar and every now and then you just want a little taste. Besides - tomorrow's my birthday! See you all later.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004