Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: The beginning of another month

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

The beginning of another month

October 1st! And it arrived with a wintry blast of Canadian air. The temps here last night dipped into the low 40's. I had the heavy blanket out but I still had to throw it off every now and again because it was too warm. I didn't turn the heat on but may fire it up today as the temps are not supposed to climb out of the 60's today and dip right back to 40 tonight.

Somebody in town turned on the heat last night. Ever since I lived in Cleveland I noticed that the first cold night means a busy night for fire fighters. About 11 o'clock last night the sirens started wailing. People don't have their furnaces cleaned and serviced at least every other year, and that's what happens.

Today the order goes in for the fruit for the fruitcake. Can't wait to taste that first bite - 6 weeks of soaking in brandy cheesecloth, letting the 15 different fruits, 3 types of nuts, lots of spices, and 3 types of alcohol all mellow together. Yummy! People who hate fruitcake love my fruitcake.

Guess I need to get the day started, I have to call the plumber to clean the furnace so I don't start a fire........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004