Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: Another fun day

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Sunday, October 05, 2008

Another fun day

It's another beautiful day here in Tidy Town and I decided to head out to a chicken BBQ given by the local Shriner's. They do a lot better with their chicken than their breakfast. For 6 bucks I got half a chicken some baked beans, slaw, and a piece of cake. The cole slaw was made with vinegar, I prefer mayonnaise - but it still was pretty good nonetheless. And it was enough food that I have enough for another meal. With all the extra food I've gotten the last two day, I know I'm not cooking this next week except for some side dishes.

The temps here warmed up nicely into the low 80's after a cool start. Tomorrow is supposed to be another day in the 80's then things will drop back into the 70's for the rest of the week. I haven't needed my furnace over the cool nights but I'm glad I had it cleaned and it's ready to go when called upon. It was 60 dollars for the cleaning, but it's the best thing you can do for your furnace - and it only needs to be done every other year. It's a lot better than blowing up!

I just finished doing the coupon booklets and getting them all into the organizer. There were a lot of coupons this week - 6 booklets in all. AB and I have called this "The Year of Cheapness" and have worked hard to keep our grocery prices down. I think I'm ahead as I've only had to do 3 or 4 major shoppings since the first of the year - AB has a family to feed and extended family that shows up frequently and unannounced. I'm hoping that just one more major shop will get me through the end of the year. We're taking every cost cutting avenue that we can think of, but we're looking for more because next year we've decided on "The Cheapest Year Ever!" We'll see how that works out.

Well, time to sit back and relax and enjoy the rest of the weekend. Have a good one........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004