Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense: Mire of the Damned

Frog Collectibles & Other Such Nonsense

A look at my frog collectibles as I get them and my wacky world in the meantime.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Mire of the Damned

Well, that's what it feels like sometimes. Yesterday I was busy catching up with AB, who returned from her long weekend in Cape May and had a great time. That and a million little small around the house jobs kept me hopping all day. When I finally got a minute to relax and was ready to blog it was nearly midnight. I obviously decided against it and went to bed. I had to get out the heavy blanket last night - the temps here dropped into the 40's! I was almost tempted to turn on the heat, but the daytime temps are nearing 80, so I just bundle up.

I got a lot of inquiries yesterday about how are things going here in southern Illinois because the national news showed a lot flooding, power outages, and people being rescued by boats. Here in Tidy Town we got wind and a good soaking, but nothing extreme. I know that St. Louis, which is where one of the local news programs comes from, shut their flood walls because of rising water. Apparently there are still people without power in the area, but again, nothing happened here. Thanks to all those who wrote with their concerns.

I awoke this morning with a headache. So while I'm waiting for the aspirin to kick in, I think I'll go cover up with my afghan and rest my eyes, as my dad would say......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog contents copyright Ken Frantz © 2004